Family Outreach Worker
My name is Clair and I am the Family Outreach Worker. The post is both challenging and rewarding, involving many church-based projects, such as Monday Minis (the toddler group), Junior Church and Messy Church. The post involves working with many community outreach projects, such as Christmas Lights, Chernobyl children and holiday clubs. I enjoy being part of the Tewkesbury Churches Schools Team which is actively involved with the local schools, running Open the Book, assemblies, Christian Unions, PSHE (Personal Social Health Education) lessons, Prayer Spaces, and various other activities as requested.
You can contact Clair via the Contact page or telephone (01684) 291 101.
Tewkesbury Methodist Church
Tewkesbury Methodist Church is a welcoming family church in the centre of this historic market town, where the main roads meet by the town Cross.
Address : The Cross, Church Street, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20 5PA Click Here for a map.
Weekly Sunday morning service
- Our morning service is a conventional Methodist church service led by a minister or a local preacher. The music is a combination of traditional hymns and worship songs played on the organ or piano and occasionally accompanied by other instruments. It lasts about an hour.
- Our breakfast service is on the 1st Sunday of the month, known as the 'bacon butty' service. Everyone is welcome, it is geared towards children and their parents. The service consists of a couple of light Christian songs with a bible based activity, and of course breakfast including a bacon butty!
- Fellowship meeting is usually on the 3rd Sunday of the month. It's a very informal meeting where everyone is welcome, with usually 8-9 short songs of a wide variety, interspersed with time for anyone to share a personal item or silence.
- The evening communion service is held once a month on the 4th Sunday. It is a more formal service and is led by a minister. The music consists of mainly traditional hymns played on the organ or piano.
- The Harmony Praise service is a lighter much less formal or structured praise and worship sharing service. The music comprises of contemporary modern Christian songs and hymns, played on keyboard, guitar and drums. Other musicians join us to play the tin whistle and a dulcimer occasionaly.
After all our services there is always time to chat and meet friends!
We have a children’s corner with books and toys, designed to keep babies and very young children happy while their parents participate in worship.
Informal Chat Space
At the back of the church we have comfy arm chairs and coffee tables for informal meetings or just for sitting and chatting after the service or during open church coffee mornings from 10:00 to 12:00 on Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays.
Seeks to serve the village community in many ways during the week. A warm and welcoming church. The chapel is in a beautiful rural setting on the south side of Apperley village some 5 miles south south west of Tewkesbury. Apperley Church information
Address : School road, Apperley, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire. GL19 4DJ Click Here for a map.
Apperley Methodist Chapel meets regularly twice a month on the 2nd, 4th Sundays and on a 5th Sunday at 11:00 am for worship and fellowship.
After our service there is always time to chat and meet friends!
Increase our awareness of God's presence and to celebrate God's love. Help people grow and learn as Christians, through mutual support and care. To be a good neighbour to people in need and challenge injustice. To make more followers of Jesus Christ.
We work out our mission by worship in the local church, studying the bible privately and with others, meeting for prayer in our prayer groups, prayer in our house groups, in our worship, personal prayer and at other meetings, engagement in the community and taking about our faith with people we meet.
The aim of the Church Safeguarding policy is to create Christian communities of love and care, where good practice in this area becomes a way of life.